Makyo in My Mind
hallucinations of the unconscious eye
The half-forgotten
Other half of my short life
In short story form




















This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
 
Swim There
6-21-2005

Once again in my childhood neighborhood, this time walking up Fern to the elementary school. Daytime. Grass is growing up through the concrete street. Half the parking lot of the school is gone, and the playground has been replaced by a steep slope with a dark forest at the bottom. A large tree with dark green leaves sits in the middle of a dark pond with turbulent waters. Probably connected to the creek further down.

GJ and EZ come up behind me. I'd gotten EZ's number earlier during a chance encounter in a cafeteria or something. I lean on a wooden fence that was never there before and overlook the pond. I hear a splash and suddenly there are half a dozen kids jumping into the water and playing. It's deep; everyone's swimming. "I can't believe people actually swim there!" I say as I point.




Comments: Post a Comment