Makyo in My Mind
hallucinations of the unconscious eye
The half-forgotten
Other half of my short life
In short story form




















This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, November 26, 2003
 
After Me
7-01-2002

I'm in some sort of military training. A fellow trainee, who reminds me of BR, makes fun of my fighting style, says I hurry too much. I beat him up slowly, and someone else grins about it.

Walking toward another part of training, I step on my toenail wrong and it bends back painfully. I see people lined up on the floor in the hall, next to small green sacks. A midget is lying at my feet. A man comes and pulls a string by him, and the sack inflates, carrying the midget up into the air. I limp by, glad I'm going to get to miss this parachuting exercise. I have a momentary flashforward into the future of me telling someone else how I never had to undergo parachute training.

I catch up with CJ and a little girl. We're all going to go to another world. To get there, we have to go through an intermediate dimension of sorts--a forest with a single path through it. Only one person can pass through it at a time.

I step on the path and imagine that the little girl made it through just fine, having gone ahead of me. I imagine her telling me later, "I ran, just like you said." So I start to run, and I run for a while. It's a straight path, covered with dead leaves. All the trees are dead, like autumn. I get the feeling I've done this many times.

I see a green glow up ahead. Someone in a Tron-like outfit up ahead where the path finally curves. I glance to the left and see another, newer, path. I take it, hoping to flank this person--I know he's bad. I find two glowing orange rods in my hands, each about three feet long and bent in the middle at 120 degrees. I try to hide them behind my back, but I can't.

I see more enemies walking in a line ahead of me, and they see me. The leader comes right up to me, faster than I expected. I throw one of the boomerang-like rods at him, and it bounces off. I bash at him with the other rod, but it seems useless. I know that if I don't incapacitate all these men, then CJ won't able to make it through after me.




Comments: Post a Comment