Makyo in My Mind
hallucinations of the unconscious eye
The half-forgotten
Other half of my short life
In short story form




















This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, November 26, 2003
 
Darkness Forever
03-14-2002

I was in my childhood back yard. My dad was tending the garden. It was daytime, the sun shining brightly. Immediately to the right of the yard (facing away from the house) was a huge thorn-cloud-like barrier, which ran along the border of the yard as far as I could see in either direction. I took a bird's eye view of the property to confirm this. I noticed that on the other side of the barrier, the land was dark and cloudy, with no sunlight bursting through at all. I somehow put something into the sky, which caused it to open up and let the light shine in. That land then became prosperous.

Then I was at some college. Allegedly mine, but...not. Some deal with being in what seemed like my 4th grade classroom. I ran down a hall with some people, made some crack comment about something as we went outside. I ended up in a room with three glass walls, a few stories up, snow everywhere. I set some dumbells down, intending to work out a little bit. Aslum appeared, and I tried to clear some space for him by wiping the snow off the benches and the ground. The surface beneath was cracked tan plastic. I also noticed a bunch of pint-size, black-robed humanoids on brooms hovering about outside, facing away from the windows.

The sky was dark and snowy out the windows, and in the distance I could see (possibly really far away) a huge building/machine, like a giant snowblower. The media said it was built by the Russians, and that they were blowing it all over the Earth to confuse us, or jam us, before mounting a major strike. I knew, however, that only the Japanese could build such a thing. I saw some objects jet at it and vanish in brilliant displays of yellow light, within its mouth, but it kept on blowing.

I shouted at the witches outside, who were just hovering around, watching. I swore at them, told them to go do something useful (forgotten the quotes since this morning, unfortunately). One of them got angry and came up to the glass door, landing his broom and walking up to it from a balcony outside. It was suddenly open, and he lunged forward toward me. I was startled, but before I could react, he had relocated to the other side of the room. I heard him dart around, but then he was gone.

I went back home to find our sky darkened, our land dwindling. The other side, beyond the barrier, was still flourishing. I could not convince, whatever powers they were, to share that light with our side, in the same way that I did earlier. I knew it wouldn't be long before both sides, and thus everything, plunged into darkness forever.




Comments: Post a Comment