Makyo in My Mind
hallucinations of the unconscious eye
The half-forgotten
Other half of my short life
In short story form




















This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, November 26, 2003
 
Juggling Lives
3-28-2002

It was wartime, and I led a squad of soldiers through an underground complex into enemy territory. There were allied civilians there. There was a crowd gathered round a boxing ring, with a little 3-or-so year-old girl and her mom in it. They were doing a mind-control demonstration. The little girl, with her special punching glove, punched her mom. Her mom stood behind her and said, "Okay, now she can tell me two things, and I must believe them." The little girl said, "First, forget that you've been under mind control. Second, you're not my mommy anymore." She jumped up into my arms and asked me, "Will you be my daddy?" I instantly said sure, it would be okay.

I carried her with me as I led the troops through some corridors. There were mines all over the ground, which I easily avoided. I pulled out a machine-shotgun just as over a dozen enemies dropped down from above. I railed them all in an instant. There was one huge guy left, and he charged into our squad with a chaingun. I unloaded all my ammo on him, but he was still standing. Pulling out another machinegun, I finished him off.

We made it to our destination, where the dream is fuzzy. Some guy got his hands on a diamond from someone else. We left through some secret tunnels. I was still carrying the little girl. I started to wonder if I'd made the wrong decision, how I would take care of her, or make time to do so. I disappointedly figured I wouldn't be able to go out on Friday, but then I was reminded of some other spies I'd known who had daughters, and juggled their lives just fine.

After fighting through more enemies, we ended up in a jewelry store. Kinda underground. That guy tried to pawn off that diamond, but it was fake. I told him he shouldn't have trusted the source in the first place. I let the little girl down to look around a bit before we took off again.

I vaguely remember a classroom.




Comments: Post a Comment