Makyo in My Mind
hallucinations of the unconscious eye
The half-forgotten
Other half of my short life
In short story form




















This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, November 26, 2003
 
Missed the Silence
3-11-2002

After a series of adventures (which I have forgotten), I found myself on the beach, playing with a stick in the wet sand. I drew squares of equal size, linked together, different patches of them, as if drawing up a plan. I was remotely aware of my companions some distance off, but I couldn't hear them. I thought how odd it was that I was sitting in such total silence. I didn't even hear the ocean. I glanced up a little bit from the ground and saw that the ocean was perfectly still. Not calm, but stopped; frozen in time. I then realized what had happened, and noticed that nothing else was moving besides myself, and it was totally silent. I started to consider the implications of this, but then everything went back to normal, and I could overhear people talking loudly and moving about. I immediately missed the silence.




Comments: Post a Comment