Makyo in My Mind
hallucinations of the unconscious eye
The half-forgotten
Other half of my short life
In short story form




















This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, November 26, 2003
 
Natural Phenomenon
8-26-2002

I'm a soldier among soldiers, tossing grenades around a town. Charging down an alley, I jump onto some wooden crates to reach the roof. It's not a roof, though, it's the hold of a cargo plane, and I climb inside. Crawling on my belly, I find the head to a screwdriver. I tell my companion before putting it into my chest pocket.

The plane is in flight, and I point to a star, saying, "Look! It's coming at us!" But then I don't see it, as I was only imagining it. I do it again, but again it's not really there. Then I see a HUGE white star and there's no mistaking it. The plane takes a nose-dive. The star passes us. I watch it turn around to seek us out.

"It's changing course," my companion says. "You know what that means?"

"Yeah," I say, "It's not a natural phenomenon." In other words, it wasn't a star, but a heat-seeking weapon of possibly alien origin.

I see the tops of some buildings we're about to crash into before everything goes blank.

Text covers my vision, briefly explaining how the pilot crashed the plane, how I was crippled in the crash, and that three days had passed.

I see a 3rd-persion view of myself, all bandaged up, except it doesn't even look at me. I'm outside, at some nighttime dinner party in England. Two ugly girls have just been assigned to me, and they introduce themselves. I wonder why they got into the military.




Comments: Post a Comment