Makyo in My Mind
hallucinations of the unconscious eye
The half-forgotten
Other half of my short life
In short story form




















This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Tuesday, March 16, 2004
 
Good Day for a Walk
11-27-03

I'm in what's supposed to be downtown SB, but the streets are so dark, I can't tell for sure, and I get lost trying to get back to De La Guerra. My euclidean sense of geometry fails me when I try to navigate in circles.

By morning I make it to a construction site north of town. It's a hilly region, mostly hard dirt with large patches of grass. Only the building's frame is up, but people are working on it. The path I'm following goes straight through the structure, so I follow it. Noone seems to notice.

My backpack starts to weigh me down, and I wonder how much further I need to go, when I see some tourists up ahead. Civilization can't be far. They're gathering at the top of the next hill. I make it over there and see a hotel in the next valley.

I make it down there and head into the hotel. I need a shower, and there is a public shower area, like in a gym. It's huge. Most of the showers are on, though noone is there. Even the benches and lockers are being sprayed by water. As I'm showering, Ted Turner shows up and tells a story about drinking and gives me instructions on how to shave my balls.

Outside in the lobby, I run into Shanner and MV. I can't believe it, and I exclaim to them how strange it is that I always run into the most unlikely people in the most unlikely of places. I feel refreshed. It's a good day for a walk.




Comments: Post a Comment